- Carrying out general administrative tasks with a predominantly foreign-language focus for the management of the institute’s department
- Organization/preparation of meetings and scientific events, meetings and colloquia
- Participant management
- Preparation of invitations and programs in English language
- Taking minutes in English
- Handling foreign language correspondence
- Pre- and post-processing of business trips
- Appointment and information management as well as scheduling, monitoring and preparation of appointments with the help of electronic calendars
- Effective preparation and forwarding of incoming inquiries and information
- Taking care of national and international guests
- Preparation of purchase requisitions
- Participation in the accounting of the department
- State-recognized/examined (English) Foreign Language Secretary / European Secretary or equivalent qualification or proof of foreign language skills (B2/C1 level).
- Solid experience in taking over secretarial and administrative tasks independently
- Confident use of PC (Microsoft, Office programs etc.)
- Good oral and written communication skills in German and English
- A strong ability to work in a cooperative manner
- Very careful working style, a structured and systematic way of working as well as a high degree of independence, ability to work under pressure, flexibility, willingness to work hard
- Absolute trustworthiness as well as obliging manners
- Experience with the organization of teaching in a university environment, with modern content management systems and the SAP system are an advantage
- Experience in the implementation of the ordering system
We work on highly topical socially relevant issues and offer you the opportunity to actively shape change! We support you in your work through:
- A creative team with an international perspective
- Comprehensive training offers and individual opportunities for personal and professional development
- Optimal conditions for work-life balance and a family-friendly corporate policy
- A part-time job with 19.5 hours per week and a flexible work schedule
- 30 days of vacation (depending on the chosen working time model) as well as all bridge days and between Christmas and New Year always off duty
We offer you an exciting and varied task in an international and interdisciplinary working environment. The position is initially limited in time until 31.03.2024. Remuneration and social benefits are dependent on the existing qualifications and, depending on the assignment of tasks, in the range of pay group 8 according to the collective agreement of the public service (TVöD-Bund).
Place of work: Freiburg im Breisgau
We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, e.g. with regard to age, gender, disability, sexual orientation/identity as well as social, ethnic and religious origin. An equal-opportunity, diverse and inclusive working environment in which everyone can realize their potential is important to us.
Please apply exclusively via the application portal of the Forschungszentrum Jülich. You can find the link in the call for applications.