Brains for Brains Young Researcher Award
The Brains for Brains Young Researcher Award is directed to young scientists outside Germany who have shown their outstanding potential at a very early career stage. It is endowed with a travel grant of 2.000 € allowing a trip to the Bernstein Conference and individually planned visits to labs within the Bernstein Network Computational Neuroscience. This is one of two prizes awarded by the Bernstein Network. The aim is to spark international young researchers interest for a research career in Germany. Application deadline is April 24, 2022
Since 2010, the Bernstein Network Computational Neuroscience presents the Brains for Brains Award, which recognizes the special achievements of young scientists who have shown their outstanding potential at a very early career stage – even before starting their doctoral studies. It is one of two prizes awarded by the Bernstein Network. This award aims to attract young international researchers to Germany.
Call for Applications 2022
Who can apply?
International students from relevant discipines (e.g. biology, physics, mathematics, computer science, psychology, medicine) who plan to pursue a research career in computational neuroscience and who have at least one peer-revied publication (as co-author) or a peer-reviewd conference abstract (as first author). Students who study at a German university are not eligible to apply.
The publication / abstract must be:
- submitted before starting doctoral studies
- accepted by a journal / at a conference that peer-reviews contributions prior to acceptance
- accepted or published in 2021 or 2022
- written in English
The award is endowed with:
- a travel grant of 2.000 € for a one-week trip to Germany, incl participation at the Bernstein Conference September 13 to 16, 2022
- the chance to present your research as a talk and a poster at the Bernstein Conference 2022
- individually planned visits to 1-2 labs of the Bernstein Network Computational Neuroscience
Applications must contain:
- academic CV
- publication list (incl. peer-reviewd conference abstracts)
- letter of motivation stating why you would like to participate in the Bernstein Conference and which labs you like to visit
- copy of the peer-reviewd publication or conference abstract with which you apply for the award (if the publication ins’t published yet, please include the letter of acceptance)
- copies of degree certificates
- recommendation letter of academic advisor stating that the publication with which you apply was submitted before you started doctoral studies. This is to be sent directly to: email@example.com
April 24, 2022 at 2 p.m. CEST
The application deadline will not be extended!
Only complete applications which strictly follow the guidelines will be considered. Applications in English are to sent by email in a single pdf file (no larger than 3MB) to: firstname.lastname@example.org